Hangar Quiz Answer Sheet
Here are the correct answers:
- Curtiss "Jenny"
- The rudder on the vertical stabilizer (tail)
- Propane tanks fuel burners that blow hot air into the envelope. This makes the air inside warmer than that outside the envelope, causing the balloon and gondola to rise.
- Tennis shoe, bus, etc. (See photos on the walls of the BAGI exhibit for others.)
- Unpowered hang glider with one occupant. The Wright Brothers used Chanute's basic design for their first motorized airplane.
- Boeing B-52 Stratofortress
- Over 100 tons of solid concrete and steel.
- Underground (See the diorama beside the silo.)
- A bomber. No, it has propellers.
- Convair B-58 Hustler
- A bomber. It's wingspan is 185 feet.
- None, it's a jet.
- The huge back doors open and form a ramp for vehicles to drive up into the plane.
- Grumman HU-16 Albatross It can land on water.
- Six. The 1943 Chevrolet in the Rantoul Historical Society hallway.
- Learning to fly an airplane (or practicing flying).
- Fifty stars (one for each state) and thirteen stripes (one for each of the original 13 American colonies).
- Boeing XB-47 Stratojet
- He was the first person to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean from New York to Paris. Spirit of St. Louis
- Any man or woman who served in the military.
- It is the birthday of the United States of America.
- Prisoner of War-Missing in Actionwindows 7 home premium product key
- "If we do not learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it."